This document intends to assist you to understand how the UpdateHub works. Some of the aspects covered in this documentation are:
- We present our tool, as well as the supported platforms, information about the available features, and more in What is UpdateHub.
- Are you curious about UpdateHub features? Quick starting with Raspberry Pi 3 it is a quick step-by-step that shows how easy it is to work with it.
- In Using UpdateHub Cloud we will talk about the characteristics of UpdateHub Cloud service. This is an especially important section for understanding how the tool works and what it provides.
- The section Handling UpdateHub agent explains the device internal agent, how it works, and how to change the tasks flows.
- We describe the workflows that should be used to add UpdateHub support on a new, or existing, a platform using Yocto Project at Integrating with Yocto Project.
Our support team is always happy to support you in case you did not find the information you are after, or if you have critics or suggestions for the UpdateHub. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Syntax used on this documentation¶
We adopted the following syntax across the whole documentation. On text, we use different formats as:
- bold - implies technologies and enterprises name.
- italic - is used on variables, artifacts, dashboard options, system path and configurations, layers, and file names.
Code- this format is used on code samples throughout the documentation.
Besides these formats, we also use boxes to provide tips, warnings, and important aspects to consider. For example:
Infobox provides additional information on what was recently covered.
A tip is an advice on ways to make an operation easier.
Here is information that can directly influence the user and their interactions with our product, for example, the need to upgrade the account to support more than 5 devices.
In this type of box, we find alerts about system configurations and behaviors, such as having to check the SD card before recording an image, for example.